Wednesday 10 September 2008

The Chinese Deal (Pt. II)

I have concluded that the Chinese deal (See Scam ... ? below) is not a scam - until they prove otherwise, so I am going along with them.

But as we are not in a position to pay for notarisation - or anything else - I have sent them a new contract, based on theirs, but making sure that we are not liable for any expense outside of Kenya.

As a sweetener, we have decreased the advance payment (that they offered in the first place), set out a new payment package that favours the Chinese, and sent the contract off for their perusal. That was on 5th September, which of course was a Friday.

I received an email stating that the new, or revised, contract had been received and would be presented to the Board of Directors.

We are now waiting for a reply, five days later. I try to keep the attitude that no news is good news, but expenses are mounting up in Kenya and with the impending failure of the cyber café, I need this deal to go through, just to cover my commitments.

A worrying time. Still, we now have a structured business to sell the product globally, complete with website, and a vision of a way forward.

All we need is a few clients that want to buy our products at wholesale quantities.

Our website - take a look!

No comments: