Saturday 13 December 2008

Next trip to Kenya

It rather looks like I will be returning to Kenya at the beginning of January - and about time too!

As soon as I have got Christmas over and done with, I will be on my way, or at least, that's the plan - probably leaving here on 6th January.

Of course, funding comes into play - I think I have just about enough to get me there and back, and survive whilst I am there as long as I am careful.

I will be going straight to Kisii where I will start setting up the River Cottage and Scrapheap Challenge projects, as well as looking at the possibility of farming Tilapia, a type of fresh-water fish that thrives in Kenya.

Then there is the push to combat malaria. There are many ways to fight malaria and we willb e looking at many of them.

Somehow, I have got to find the time and money to travel across Kenya to the coast to see my significant other and children - it's a tough life but someone has to do it.

No comments: