Thursday 8 January 2009

Frustration

I may have decided that 2009 is going to be THE year for KCIS, but it hasn't started well.

My plan was to visit Kenya at the beginning of this year, and had set the departure date at 6th January.

It is now the 8th, and I am still in a cold, wet, foggy UK, and the prospects of travelling to Kenya are not good in the short term.

This has been brought about by the economic downturn/the UK Government totally trashing the UK economy [delete, one, depending upon your point of view], which caused my son (he with 5 dependent children) to lose his job, just before Christmas.

So, I have had to bail him out with money that had been put aside for my trip.

On top of this, work has been a bit slow for me too, so cash flow is almost stagnant.

Not a good start to the year, but I am still feeling positive. After all, it is only the 8th January. We still have 357 days for things to go right!

No comments: