Tuesday 13 October 2009

Next Visit to Kenya

Here we go again

The weather may be the best we have had in England for a few months, but I am forsaking it for the sun (and rain?) of the Kisii Highlands ... again.

I have found in the past that in order to get to Kenya, I have to set a date and then raise the money. If I just wait until I have the money, I would never get there. It is rather like starting a family. If you wait until you can afford to have children, you will never have them!

So, I have set my leaving date, 10th November, so I will be in Kisii by the afternoon of 11th - whoopee!

There is a lot to do when I get there. First, we have the KCIS projects to start of continue, then I have to resurrect my business there. It is not dead, but rather comatose and needs and injection of enthusiasm - at least enthusiasm doesn't cost anything.

I would have liked to have the money to hire a vehicle while I am out there. A lot of people have asked me to visit their projects, in Kisumu, Kericho, Nakuru, but I suppose I will have to put up with matatu trips, unless someone coughs up a few quid before I leave. I also wanted to take some of the Twiga kids to see Lake Victoria.

Oh well, when in Rome ...

No comments: